If Your Pet Needs Urgent or Emergency Veterinary Care in Kittery, ME
We do our very best to help pets with urgent health problems or emergencies. During our regular business hours, our vet team can triage and provide urgent care to established patients. The extent of our services depends on the level of care your pet needs, along with doctor availability.
Our Referral and After-Hours Emergency Vet
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital is the emergency vet we recommend for our patients if they need extensive and/or after-hours care. Port City’s emergency doctors, which include board-certified specialists, are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Signs Your Pet Needs to See an Emergency Vet
Signs your pet is having an emergency may include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing (panting, gagging, wheezing)
- Hasn’t had food and/or water in 24+ hours
- Hasn’t urinated or defecated in 24+ hours
- Strains when trying to urinate/defecate
- Unable to stand or walk
- Is in pain (vocalizing, shaking, moving very slowly, sleeping often, not eating)
- Ongoing vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Excessive amounts of blood in stool or vomit
- Eye(s) show signs of injury or infection
- Prolonged seizures
- Excessive bleeding
- Drug overdose or poisoning
If you have any concerns about your pet’s health and safety, call us immediately at (207) 439-2661.